Resources for Acquiring Tech Skills
Here’s a compilation of resources (some of which I’ve used) that may hopefully be useful to other graduate students:
- R For Data Science
- Ozan Jaquette Introduction to Data Management Using R
- Modern Dive: An Introduction to Statistical and Data Sciences via R
- Complete Tutorial to learn Data Science in R from Scratch
- Compilation of R resources from UCL
- Ultimate R Cheatsheet
- Assorted Data Science Cheatsheets
- Data Visualization in R Cheatsheet
- I use this for keyboard shortcuts to open frequently used programs, files, websites and more.
- Programming Historian has a wide range of resources for acquiring, transforming, analysing, presenting and sustaining data
- this includes web scraping!
- Sherry Chen (a former Oxford linguist) has an excellent array of resources on her website for LaTeX, Python, Statistics, Ibex Farm etc
- Raul Pacheco-Vega has a wealth of research/reading techniques and other useful resources